Fall 2016 Registration
KAC’s Adult Korean Language Classes
Fall 2016 – REGISTRATION CLOSED
Please add yourself to our interest list for Winter 2017, beginning in January. We will notify you as soon as the schedule becomes available.
Fall Session Begins: September 12, 2016 – November 18, 2016
Each class session is 90 minutes.
Registration Information: We can only accept a limited number of students per class. Once the maximum number has been reach, registration will be closed. You may then choose to be added to the wait-list for next session.
Registration Form: All new and returning students must complete an application form each semester. Registration is not considered complete until payment has been made.
Fall 2016 Schedule and Fees: Due to popular demand for our classes, we have added an additional section of Level 1. For the past several sessions, our Korean Fundamentals and Level 1 classes have reached maximum capacity. It is highly advised to register as soon as possible to secure your spot.
*Please Note: The only difference between Section A and B are the DAYS and TIMES. The content is exactly the same for each level.
Each class needs a minimum of 3 students to remain open. If minimum registration is not met, classes may be cancelled. Enroll now to ensure your class remains open.
**Supplemental Korean Practice lab is every Thursdays from 7:00 – 8:45 PM at Northwood Community Center in Irvine. There is no extra charge to attend for registered students. This is an instructor led practice lab and a great opportunity to reinforced the class lessons through additional practice. All levels are welcomed.
Class Descriptions and Sample Lessons can be found on HERE
PLACEMENT TEST (OPTIONAL): For those students who are unsure which level to register for, we will offer a placement test. For those students or those with no experience or background in Korean will automatically be placed in Korean Fundamentals. In addition, students with a Korean heritage background who cannot read Hangul will also be asked to start with Korean Fundamentals. Students interested in Levels 1, 2, 3 and 4 will have the opportunity to take an optional online proficiency test to ensure they are placed in the appropriate class.
BOOKS: We have selected books we believe to be the most practical and useful books for studying Korean. You may either purchase the books directly through KAC or you may purchase on your own. If you happen to purchase on your own, please be sure to purchase the correct edition as we are using the latest editions of all the books. Please note that these books may change based on
- Classes: Korean Fundamentals, Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3: Fun & Fast Korean 1 by Darakwon Publishing (OCKACE Price: $25)
- Classes: Level 4 and Level 5: Fun & Fast Korean 2 by Darakwon Publishing – 1st Edition (February 2015) ISBN: 978-89-277-3135-1 (OCKACE Price: $25)
- Classes: ALL (Optional): Korean Made Easy Vocabulary by Darakwon Publishing – 1st Edition (March 2015) ISBN: 978-89-277-3117-7 (OCKACE Price: $35)
TERMS (Please read before registering):
- Registration is not complete until payment is received. Early bird discounts apply only towards completed registrations.
- Fees are non-refundable (except in the case of class cancellation by KAC). Please do not register if you are unsure.
- Fees are non-transferable to another semester. No Credits will be given for missed classes. Since we are a volunteer run organization, we do not have the administrative capacity to handle these requests.
- Fees do not include books. Books can either be purchased on your own or through KAC. We only accept cash and checks only for book purchases.
- Fees may be tax deductible, talk to your financial advisor for details.
- Checks can be made out to: “Korean American Center“
- Credit card payments are accepted through Paypal only. To pay by credit card, you will be prompted to the page after you complete the application.
- Payment on this page is for Korean classes ONLY (Click here to purchase Private Lesson packages)
- Fees must be paid prior to the beginning of class. Registration is not considered complete unless fees are fully paid.