Volunteer 자원 봉사자
Korean American Center is a 100% volunteer-run organization which means we are only as strong as our volunteers. Volunteers are the ones who drive this organization, so without you, we wouldn’t exist. We are proud to be an official Certifying Organization for the President’s Volunteer Service Award. For more information, please visit here.
ATTENTION HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS: Please sign up at KAYL (Korean American Young Leaders). All youth volunteer opportunities will be through our KAYL program. Do not sign up on this page.
Do you have an idea for a program? Are you willing to take the lead to see it through? We are open to your ideas and establishing new committees.
Here are some immediate ways you can get involved
- Language Exchange Facilitators: Ensure that the exchanges are running smoothly by making sure people are in well-balanced groups, keeping track of the time spent speaking any one language and ensuring the groups aren’t spending time speaking one language over the other.
- Workshop Instructors: Is there something you would like to teach? Don’t worry, it doesn’t have to be super formal nor do you need to be a complete expert. Workshops can range from Origami, Calligraphy, Cooking, Dance, Art, Piano, Sewing, etc. If you’re willing to teach it, we’ll help secure facilities.
- General Office/Administrative Support: Ability to set aside 2 – 4 hours per week to provide general office support.
- Translators: We need additional people we can turn to in order to help us translate things into Korean. Requirements: Be available on pretty short notice and turn things around quickly. You will also need to be willing and able to use Google Docs.
- Social Media Street Team: Find content to for our social media platforms, share posts with friends, generate buzz for our events, etc. Perfect for anyone who loves sharing and being connected.
- Photographers, Videographers: Archive events and day-to-day activities. May also be involved in special projects.
- Graphic Design: Help create visual content to create awareness of our organization. Also work on other projects to share Korean heritage.
- Korean Teachers: We need caring people who are willing to teach Korean on a volunteer basis for our Supplemental class, which is a free service offering we provide to our existing students.
- Korean Teacher’s Aids: Teacher’s aids will work closely with teacher and students during class time. Classes generally run in the evenings and Saturday mornings. Must be fluent in Korean.
- ESL Instructors: We are looking into developing an ESL program, but we need a pool of willing and able ESL teachers.
INTERNSHIP 인턴십: Internship opportunities available for students wanting to gain valuable experience and credit hours towards coursework. Please contact us directly at: admin@OCKorean.org for internship opportunities.