WINTER 2018 ADULT KOREAN LANGUAGE CLASS REGISTRATION
Winter 2018 Session Begins:
January 6, 2018 – March 15, 2018
Registration Information: Registration is now opened.
NOTE: For the past several sessions, our Korean Fundamentals and Level 1 classes have reached maximum capacity. It is highly advised to register as soon as possible to secure your spot.
New Buena Park Classes!
Thanks to our partner organization, Korean Community Services (KCS), we will be able to offer two of our most popular classes, Korean Fundamentals and Level 1 in Buena Park. KCS is located at: 7212 Orangethorpe Ave, Buena Park, CA 90621. The rest of our classes will be in Irvine.
**Supplemental Practice Class is a FREE instructor led practice class for our registered students in our basic levels and a great opportunity to reinforce the class lessons through additional practice and application. Attendance is optional. Our Supplemental classes are held on Thursdays from 7:00 – 8:45 PM at facilities in Irvine. This program is made possible through the support of our generous volunteers and
*Please Note: The only difference between Sections A, B and C are the DAYS and TIMES. The content is exactly the same. All classes will be in Irvine unless otherwise noted. Buena Park will be at KCS: 7212 Orangethorpe Ave, Buena Park, CA 90621
Each class needs a minimum of 3 students to remain open. If minimum registration is not met, classes may be cancelled. Enroll now to ensure your class remains open.
PLACEMENT: For those students or those with no experience or background in Korean will automatically be placed in Korean Fundamentals. Students with a Korean heritage background who cannot read Hangul will also be asked to start with Korean Fundamentals.
All other students should read the Class Descriptions HERE
If you are still unsure which level to take, you can request a placement test by email so we can assess which level would be best. Please contact us by email to request the test.
BOOKS: We have selected books we believe to be the most practical and useful books for studying Korean. You may either purchase the books directly through KAC or you may purchase on your own. If you happen to purchase on your own, please be sure to purchase the correct edition as we are using the latest editions of all the books. Please note that these books may change based on
- Classes: Korean Fundamentals, Level 1, and Level 2 Fun & Fast Korean 1 by Darakwon Publishing – 1st Edition (4th printing March 2015) ISBN: 978-89-5995-829-0 (KAC Price: $25)
- Classes: Level 3 and Level 4: Fun & Fast Korean 2 by Darakwon Publishing – 1st Edition (3rd printing February 2016) ISBN: 978-89-5995-717-0 (KAC Price: $25)
TERMS (Please read before registering):
- Registration is not complete until payment is received. Early bird discounts apply only towards completed registrations.
- Fees are non-refundable (except in the case of class cancellation by KAC). Please do not register if you are unsure.
- Fees are non-transferable to another semester. No Credits will be given for missed classes. Since we are a volunteer run organization, we do not have the administrative capacity to handle these requests.
- Fees do not include books. Books can either be purchased on your own or through KAC. We only accept cash and checks only for book purchases.
- Fees may be tax deductible, talk to your financial advisor for details.
- Checks can be made out to: “Korean American Center“
- Credit card payments are accepted after registration form is complete. To pay by credit card, you will be prompted to the page after you complete the registration form.
- Payment on this page is for Korean classes ONLY (Click here to purchase Private Lesson packages)
- Fees must be paid prior to the beginning of class. Registration is not considered complete unless fees are fully paid.